Dynamics Non-Interactive User
The Non-Interactive user is used to sync data between CRM and Playbooks
Playbooks requires an Integration User (a.k.a. Service User, Access User, etc.) which is used to connect the CRM to the corresponding Playbooks account and synchronize data between Playbooks and the CRM: create and update tasks, update the Playbooks fields on the lead, contact, phone, email, task entity records, and read users and teams. This section covers how to setup up a Dynamics user with the appropriate settings.
Required Settings for the Integration User
In order to be able to connect the CRM to Playbooks, the Integration User must have the following settings enabled.
- The user must have a functional email address saved to the email fields on the user’s record.
- The user’s password must be set to never expire.
- The user must be assigned to “Playbooks Service User” Security Role in Dynamics (see instructions below).
It’s recommended that the service user be a Dynamics Non-Interactive User, so they don’t occupy a Dynamics license.
Create a Dynamics Non-Interactive User
When creating the user in the Office 365 Admin Center, it is recommended that the ‘Service administrator’ role be assigned to the user.
To assign ‘Service administrator’ role to a user
- Go to O365 Admin Center > Users > Active Users.
- Click Add a User > Roles.
- Under Customized administrator, select Service administrator.
- Ensure that the user’s email address is saved on the user page in Dynamics
Assign the Playbooks Service User Role to the Non-Interactive User
To Assign the Playbooks Service User Security Role to a User
- Browse to Dynamics > Settings > Security > Users > Click the non-interactive user
- From the user page click Manage Roles
- Check the box for the ‘Playbooks Service User‘ role
- Then click OK
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use an existing service account/non-interactive user?
A: Yes, you can use an existing account if you are able to make the necessary changes to the account to comply with the Playbooks requirements.
Q: If creating a new user, will this occupy a license?
A: Yes, upon creation a Dynamics license will be assigned, but you can remove this later.
Q: What happens if I don’t assign the Playbooks Service User Role to the Integration User/non-interactive user?
A: During the initial Authorization step you will not be able to select the correct user.