Install the Unmanaged Package or Solution
Step by step guide to installing Playbooks files to your CRM
Depending on your CRM, the steps and files you need will be a bit different. Select your CRM from the options below to see the appropriate steps.
Before installing Playbooks in your CRM, review the requirements below.
- Review the Salesforce minimum requirements.
- User completing the installation must have the Salesforce System Permission to “Download AppExchange Packages”.
- At least 11 available Custom Task fields.
There are three unmanaged packages to choose from:
- Playbooks Essentials (without Email or Inbound Reporting)
This is the latest version of the unmanaged package. This is the most basic package, so only install this version if your Salesforce environment does not have adequate space for additional custom fields.
- Playbooks Essentials + Email Reporting
This is the same Playbooks Essential package but with additional email fields.
- Playbooks Essentials + Email and Inbound Reporting
This has the same fields as the other two packages but with additional inbound call fields.
- When an account is provisioned, the Integration User will get a Welcome email. Click the GET PLAYBOOKS button in the email to get started.
- In a new Chrome tab, the Integration User must login to your Salesforce org.
NOTE: Do NOT “Login As” the Integration User from the user details page. You must be natively logged in as the Integration User.
- Return to the Chrome tab with the Setup Wizard.
- Login to Playbooks. Depending on the credential type you requested during the provisioning process, you will either need to enter the Integration User’s email address and newly created password or use the “Sign in with Salesforce” option.
- Next, you will be brought to the “Install Unmanaged Package” screen. For details about what is included in each of the unmanaged packages, review this article.
- If you are ready to install the unmanaged package click on the ‘INSTALL NOW’ text.
- If you’d like to wait or skip this step entirely, check the box to indicate “I have installed the required package”.
- If you selected to install the unmanaged package, a new Salesforce App Exchange tab will be opened, and you will be directed to the Playbooks Fields & Reports unmanaged package.
- Change the option for “What if existing component names conflict with ones in the package” to the bottom option of “Rename conflicting components in package”.
- Select the middle option to ‘Install for All Users’.
NOTE: Installing for all users does NOT enable Playbooks application for all users in your Salesforce organization. Rather, it enables all new app-specific profile permissions added by Playbooks so that the application will function properly. This will make it much easier to add users from various profiles to Playbooks application in the future.
- Click Install. The installation process should take only a couple minutes to complete. You will see a completion alert as well as an email from firstname.lastname@example.org once it was successfully installed.
- Return to the ‘Setup Wizard’ Chrome tab and check the box “I have installed the required package” box.
- Then click the NEXT button.
There Are 2 Solutions to Import:
- XANT Playbooks Solution – contains the fields and security role needed for installation
- Playbooks Activity Solution – contains views, charts, and dashboards
Download and import the correct Solution File for the version of Dynamics you are running (8.0, 8.2, or 9.0). This is indicated at the end of the Solution name.
Playbooks Solution Links
Importing the Solution Files
To Import the Solution into Dynamics
- In Dynamics, navigate to Settings > Customizations > Solutions.
- Click the Import button, then browse to the Playbooks Solution.
- When prompted, click Next, then Import.
Playbooks User Role
Some Playbooks functions are dependent on user access to specific fields. The Playbooks for Dynamics Unmanaged Solution includes a role that contains the required field permissions, Playbooks User.
Adding this permission to each user’s profile enables them to add records to Playbooks, synchronize activities with Dynamics, and more.
To Assign the Playbooks User Permission
- Navigate to Dynamics Settings.
- Click Security.
- Click Users.
- Click Select User Record.
- Click [Manage Roles].
- Click the checkbox next to Playbooks User.
- Click OK.