Manage Permission Groups
How do I create Playbooks permission groups and assign them to users?
Creating Custom Permission Groups
Administrators have the ability to restrict what features are available for reps. For example, if an administrator wanted to restrict which reps can create Plays, they can alter the permission group assigned to the rep to restrict this feature. Administrators can create permission groups from the Settings page in the Playbooks Manager App. There are no limitations on the number of Permission Groups that can be created for an organization.
To Create a Custom Permission Group
- Log into the Playbooks Manager.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select the Permission Group section on the left column.
- Click on the yellow plus sign on the top right corner.
- Select a relevant name for the Permission Group.
- Choose which permissions you would like the users to have access to.
- The new Permission Group will be added to the dropdown menu on the user page.
Available Permission Options
There are a number of permissions that can be adjusted through the manager application. Each one allows you to refine the scope of access that your agents have. See the list below for details about the permission options available to you.
- Manager App Access: Allows the user to access all features inside the Playbooks Manager App.
- Manage Teams: Allows the user to create and manage teams.
- Manage Settings: Allows a user to access the “settings” page in the Manager Tool.
- Manage Permission Groups: Allows users to manage permission groups.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPI): Allows users to create, modify and delete key performance indicators affecting leaderboards.
- Manage Robots: Allows users to create, modify, or delete robots.
- Create Custom Sorts: Allows access to create and edit Custom Sorts so users can work tasks in the view’s prioritized order.
- Buyer Map Contact Recommendations: Allows users to access Buyer Map.
- Calls Recordings: Allows users to download recorded calls.
- Call Monitoring: Allows users to access and monitor calls.
- Access to Sales Rep Reports: Allows users to access reports specific for sales reps.
- Access to Sales Manager Reports: Allows users to access reports specific for sales managers.
- Activity Logs: Allows users to download activity logs.
- In-App Leaderboard: Allows users to access in-app leaderboard rankings.
- Smart Data Append: Allows users to see recommendations on contacts for better emails or phone numbers available. Shows if the contact’s title has been updated or if they no longer work at the same company.
- Report Tab Access (Beta): Allows the user to access the reports page.
- Manage Plays: Allows users to create their own Plays in the Playbooks extension and the Manager App (if access is granted).
- Edit All Plays: Allows users to edit any play in this Playbooks account including plays that are not directly shared with them.
- Skip a Step: Allows users to skip steps while working in a Play.
- Tag Plays: Allows users to create public tags for Plays.
- Direct Mail: Allows users to send direct mail to prospects.
- Create Email Templates: Allows users to create their own email templates in the Playbooks extension and manger App (if access is granted).
- Enable Email Template Sharing: Allows users to share Email Templates with their team.
- Edit All Templates: Allows users to edit any email template in this Playbooks account including email templates that are not directly shared with them.
- Email Prediction: Allows the user to request an email address for a person based on email formatting rules in their organization.
- Add Video to Email: Allows users to record and insert custom videos into their email messages.
- Calendar Integration: Allows users to integrate their calendar provider with Playbooks so that users can email prospects custom links to setup appointments on their calendar.
- Share Email Snippets with Team: Allows users to share Email Snippets with their team.
- Email Attachment Provider: Allows users to view and add content from the company’s preferred email attachment provider.
- Change Agent Number: Allows users to change their own agent number in the Playbooks Extension.
- Enable Create/Edit Phone Numbers: Allows users to create/edit phone numbers.
- Caller ID Using Agent Number: User can choose their agent number as their outbound Caller ID.
- Caller ID Using LocalPresence: User can choose LocalPresence as their outbound Caller ID.
- Caller ID Using Direct Inbound Number: User can choose direct inbound number as their outbound Caller ID.
- Caller ID Using Custom Number: User can choose a custom number as their outbound Caller ID.
- Manual Start/Stop Recording: Allows user to start/stop call recordings.
- Pre-Recorded Voicemail Messages: Allows users to create and use pre-recorded voicemail messages.
Assigning a User to a Permission Group
Use the default permission group or create a custom group to assign permissions to a user in Playbooks.
To Assign a User to a Permission Group
- Log into the Playbooks Manager.
- Select the Team the user is assigned to.
- Click on user’s name.
- Select change next to the current permission of the user.
- Pick a new permission group and save.