Connect the Integration User to Salesforce
How to connect the Integration User to Salesforce
This guide will walk you through the steps to connecting your Playbooks account to your CRM via the Integration User. Depending on how you want to set up your CRM, each end user may need to connect to the CRM. This guide is specific for the Integration User.
Connecting to CRM
Follow the steps to connect the Integration User to Salesforce.
- When you get to this step of the Setup Wizard, click the Connect button. If nothing happens when you click the button, check for pop-up blockers in your web browser and always allow pop-ups and redirects from https://install.insidesales-playbooks.com.
- A Salesforce OAuth 2.0 “Allow Access” window will open and you can click “Allow”.
Now that you’re connected and have the package installed, we recommend you complete these additional configuration steps now or as soon as possible for optimal results.
Set these additional configurations for optimal results:
- Add IP Addresses to Salesforce Network Access. Whitelisting traffic from XANT sources ensures that Playbooks will always be able to create and maintain a network connection required for optimal app performance. This is only necessary if there are IP restrictions enforced on your Playbooks users.
XANT has multiple NAT gateways for redundancy in each region where services are deployed. You can obtain a list of applicable IP addresses from your XANT Consultant and/or Support team.
- Partially disable Session Settings. From Setup, browse to Security Controls > Session Settings, and verify that “Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated” is unchecked.
- Classic: From Setup, browse to Security Controls>Session Settings, and Verify that “Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated” is unchecked.
- Lightning: Search Quick Find for “Session Settings” to configure.