Domino List Configuration and Limits
An in depth look at what a Domino List is and its limitations, settings and function as well as how to create them.
Domino List Overview
Domino Lists are static dialing lists that present records from a pre-defined list that does not change. Once a record has been presented to a rep, the record is removed from the list and will not be presented again. Domino Lists do not refresh – once a record is added it stays in the list regardless if the record changes and is technically no longer eligible for that list.
Creating Domino Lists
Administrators or Managers are typically the users who create Domino Lists for their reps. Each Domino List contains the filters and criteria for which records are pulled in to the list.
To Create Domino Lists
- Click the InsideSales tab.
- Click Domino Lists.
- Click New Domino List or Edit an existing Domino List
- Fill out required fields and any other fields needed to get desired records
Domino List Settings
Each dialing rule is completely configurable by managers. Typically, end-user sales reps are not the individuals creating and editing dialing rules.
The name of the Domino List. This should be a descriptive name as it will be seen by reps when they are choosing which dialer list to use and is also used in reports.
Use Salesforce Email Templates
Assigns specific Salesforce email template folders to the specific Seek List. When a rep presses the Send Email button from within the PowerDialer, they will only be able to send emails from the templates selected in this field.
Specifies how records that are pulled into the dialing rule are sorted. A maximum of two sorts are allowed.
The filter fields allow a manager to set rules for when a record qualifies for a specific dialing rule.
Sets the default Caller-ID that will be used for all outbound calls that are placed through this Seek List.
There are four different options:
- Company Phone – Sets the Caller-ID to the company-wide phone number, found in the Company Settings page within Salesforce. Allows for international and Domestic US phone numbers. If this option is selected, but there is no company phone, the system will default to using the rep’s station phone.
- Custom Number – Sets the Caller-ID to a specific number entered by the administrator. When selected, a secondary field appears where a number can be added. Allows for international and Domestic US phone numbers.
- LocalPresence – Uses LocalPresence for all outbound calls. If no LocalPresence number is available when an outbound call is placed, the rep’s station phone will be displayed. LocalPresence is only available within the US. If there are multiple LocalPresence buckets, a drop-down will appear prompting you to select the bucket that will be used. Only available on Elevate and above.
- Station Phone – Sets the Caller-ID to the rep’s station phone
Grant List Access
Sets the reps who will have access to use the Domino List
- Visible to only me – Sets the list to only be seen and accessible to the current rep.
- Visible to all users – Allows a list to be accessible to all reps who have access to the InsideSales product suite.
- Visible to certain groups of users – Allows a list to be accessible to specific reps, user roles, or subordinates.
Object to Call
Only appears if the selected data source is Query and lets you choose what object in Salesforce to call
- Report – Utilizes an existing Salesforce report to pull records into the Domino List. All records in the report will be eligible for the Domino List. (Attention, depending on the size of the report, these report based Domino lists can take several minutes to activate or complete the initial launch before they are available to dial.
Only appears if the selected data source is Report. Specifies the folder that a report is located in to be used as the data source. Only folders that are public are available. This field is only used for narrowing down the location of a report to use with the Domino List.
Report Object to Use
Only appears if the selected data source is Report. Frequently a Salesforce report will contain multiple object IDs. Use this field to identify which object the InsideSales system should pull into the Domino List. Must be a lead, account, contact, or opportunity.
Limit Calls To
Determines when a rep loads the next record in the list if the rep is allowed or not allowed to see the next record. If a rep is unable to see a record, the record is skipped for that rep and the next record is loaded.
- No Limit – Applies no limit to the Domino List – meaning that as reps move through the list they can see records that they are not the owner of. For example Rep A can load records owned by Rep B.
- Record Owner – Limits records to only those who are marked as the actual owner of a record. This restricts the ability for one rep to see the records owned by another rep.
- Account Team – Limits records to only those who own accounts or are listed as a member of the account team. This option only appears if the selected object on the dialer list is Accounts.
If enabled, blocks all callbacks that are due to not be presented to the rep. This is used if for a given list it is important to ensure reps are not distracted by other activities such as callbacks.
Who Can Call Back
When a callback is overdue, this setting controls what happens to the callback.
- Only the owner of the callback – Sets the list to only be seen and accessible to the current rep.
- Attendees of this list – Allows a list to be accessible to all reps who have access to the InsideSales product suite.
- All Users – Allows a list to be accessible to all reps who have access to the InsideSales product suite.
- Before you launch or activate the domino list, click “edit” on the list and then click “View Query Results”. This will show if any records will be pulled into the list.
- Make sure to give the Domino List a unique name. Domino Lists can have the exact same name, so this will eliminate any confusion.